Covid 19 has changed the way the massage therapy profession operates.
I follow guidelines recommended for hygiene and transmission prevention/sterilization/PPE from my professional organizations. I follow state and local mandates.
Below are some of the precautions I am taking (this is not a comprehensive list).
- I do not allow walk in customers, all sessions are by appointment only.
- I offer sessions during hours when the building is often empty of other people.
- Clients receive a Covid-19 symptom self-screening checklist the day before session, and if symptomatic, or within a 14 day window after receiving an inoculation, are rescheduled.
- If you are immunocompromised and wish to be the first client of the day, contact me and we can plan ahead.
- Clients remain in their vehicles until invited in at the time of their session.
- I have a special way of draping the face cradle so that you do not have to wear a mask when you are lying face down on your belly.
- Relevant office and bathroom touch surfaces are wiped down with antibacterial/antiviral wipes prior to use by a client.
- I sanitize/sterilize appropriate surfaces in the therapy room between each client. This includes chairs, massage tools and lubricant bottles/massage table and face cradle/pillow surfaces, light switch, doorknobs, and table top surfaces.
- A “True HEPA” air filtration unit with UV light and generating negative ions will be running continuously in the therapy room. I give time between sessions to refresh the room air.
- I change my PPE (mask, apron) for each session. All dirty massage linens are also changed after each session, including blanket, pillowcase covers, sheets, etc. Dirty linens are stored outside the therapy room in a covered container. New linens are sealed in ziplock bags until use.
- I now utilize online scheduling and have the option for online credit card payments.
Should there be a mandated shut down of my profession, my office will be closed.