Covid 19 has changed the way massage therapists operate.
I follow guildelines recommended for hygiene and transmission prevention/sterilization/PPE from my professional organizations, as well as state and local mandates.
Below are some of the precautions I am taking (not a comprehensive list):
- Clients are screened with health questions a day before session, and if symptomatic are rescheduled
- A face covering is required for entry, temperature is taken on entry
- Relevant office and bathroom surfaces are wiped down with antibacterial/antiviral wipes prior to each use by a client
- I sanitize/sterilize office touch surfaces/massage tools/massage table/pillows in the massage room before each client
- A true HEPA air filtration unit will be running continuously in the therapy room, with at least a half hour between sessions
- I change my PPE (mask, apron) before each session. All dirty linens are changed, including blanket, pillowcase covers, sheets, etc. after each session. Dirty linens are stored outside room in a covered container. New linens are sealed in ziplock bags until use.
Should there be a mandated shut down of my profession, my office will be closed.