Below are some of the precautions I am doing at the Rochester office (this is not a comprehensive list). Where possible, I adapt these precautions to the Indy office.
- I do not allow walk in customers, all sessions are by appointment only, with prescreened clients.
- My office in Rochester has an air system that is just for our massage room, and a fan to the roof
that pulls old air out to support fresh air for each session.
- AI use a triple method air purification unit designed for large spaces in my small room. It includes “True HEPA” filter, UV light, and generating negative ions. This unit will be running continuously in the therapy room.
- Relevant bathroom touch surfaces are wiped down with antibacterial/antiviral wipes before and after each session.
- I wipe down with antibacterial/antiviral wipes appropriate surfaces in the therapy room between each client. This includes chairs, massage tools, lubricant bottles, massage table, face cradle, light switch, doorknobs, pens, and table top surfaces.
- Masks: optional. It is your right to self determine if you will wear one; you are responsible for your own health and managing risk for yourself at all times. I will be wearing one when I am working close to your face to avoid breathing on you. If you require that I wear one the entire time I am working with you, I can. Just let me know, it’s not a problem.
- I change all the PPE I wear after each client, including mask and apron.
- All dirty massage linens are removed after each session, including blanket, pillowcase covers, sheets, etc. Dirty linens are stored in a separate room in a covered container. New linens are sealed in ziplock bags until use.
- Clients receive a Covid-19/cold/flu symptom self-screening checklist the day before session through email, and if symptomatic, are asked to reschedule. I ask that my clients be aware of their health status and not put me at risk if they suspect they are fighting something off. I do not work with clients when they are experiencing cold/flu or allergy symptoms, no matter how mild.
- I have a firm policy that I do not work with clients in the 2 week period after receiving a vaccine of any kind, including a booster shot. If you are scheduled for a session in this window of time, let’s reschedule.
- If you are immunocompromised and wish to be the first client of the day as an extra precaution, contact me and we can plan ahead.
- Clients remain in their vehicles until invited in at the time of their session. There is no waiting room.
- All rescheduling during the pandemic is at no additional cost.